Children’s Dentistry – Longmont, CO
Healthier, Happier Smiles
At Longmont Complete Dentistry, we offer children’s dentistry for the youngest member of your family. We believe in the importance of starting early when it comes to achieving a healthy smile, so when your little one’s first tooth pops through or by the time they are the age of 1, there’s no better time to schedule an appointment. It’s not always easy finding a dentist for kids that you can trust but allow us to assure you that our dental professionals have your child’s best interest in mind. Providing a welcome and warm environment, we will make sure they are comfortable and confident enough to ask questions and inquire about the way we approach different types of treatment. Let us take care of their smile and put them on the path to optimal oral health. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
When Should My Child First See a Dentist?
The ADA recommends that parents schedule their child’s first dental visit either by the time they turn one or when the first tooth erupts. It’s up to you as to when you want to bring your little one in to see us but adhering to these guidelines will help to benefit your child when it comes to reducing any anxiety or fear that may be associated with the dentist’s office.
What Happens During the First Visit?
The first dental visit is designed to first and foremost, allow your child and our team to become familiar with each other. It’s important that we have the opportunity to learn more about your little one as well as allow them the chance to become familiar with the sights, sounds, and faces of our office.
In addition, we will gently examine their teeth and gums to ensure everything is growing and developing accordingly. We will also check for any signs of early tooth decay. One of our skilled dental hygienists will carefully clean and remove any plaque or tartar build-up before giving their smile a final polish. We will be happy to provide valuable techniques and advice on how to take care of their smile at home, too!
Tips for Helpful At-Home Care
If you’re looking for ways to improve the health of your child’s teeth and gums at home, here are a few useful tips you should consider:
- Make sure they brush for two minutes, twice a day. If it would help, take them to the store and let them pick out their own toothbrush.
- Ensure they’re flossing their teeth at least once a day. It’s important they be gentle, so try a waxed dental floss or more child-friendly version.
- Implement a reward system for when they brush and floss their teeth. Stickers, a trip to the park, or picking their favorite movie to watch can encourage and inspire them to take care of their oral health.
- If you’re worried your child won’t engage in their oral hygiene routine, opt to make brushing, flossing, and rinsing a family affair.
- Set a timer to help your little one brush the appropriate amount of time or better yet, play their favorite music.
Kid-Friendly Services Offered
- Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Dental Sealants
- Fluoride Treatment
- Mouth Guards
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Emergency Dentistry
- Sedation Dentistry