Gum Disease Treatment with Periodontal Therapy
Gum disease (also known as periodontal disease) is an infection that affects your gums and the bone underneath that supports your teeth. It’s actually one of the most common health problems on the planet, and nearly 80% of the population is suspected to be a victim of it. Many people aren’t even aware they have it because the early stages are so harmless, but this can quickly change – advanced gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in America, after all. With Dr. Dan Maurer’s support, patients can fight the good fight against gum disease and keep their smiles healthy here in Longmont, CO. Contact Longmont Complete Dentistry today to schedule first appointments for the whole family.
How to Know if I Have Gum Disease?
Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
- Your gums bleed when you brush or floss your teeth.
- Your gum tissue looks suspiciously red or swollen. It could also be tender to the touch.
- Bad breath is a common issue, even just after you’ve brushed/flossed/used mouthwash.
- Your teeth look longer, which a sign that the gum tissue is sinking down.
- Certain teeth or your overall bite feels strangely different.
What Should I Do If I Think I Have Gum Disease?
Visiting our practice is a good place to start for patients from Berthoud or Boulder, CO and surrounding areas. Attending regular checkups is the best way for you to stop the spread of gum disease in its tracks, and you can rest assured that Dr. Dan takes this threat extremely seriously. If we locate signs of an infection, scaling and root planing might be recommended. This in-depth cleaning will target the dangerous bacteria that like to gather under the gum line and on the surfaces of your tooth roots. By getting rid of them, we help our patients stay healthier and happier.